I have a few users very unhappy with the maximum nickname length value
so i tried to change it (failing miserably); i modified some .h file
in the source code where i thought the nickname length was defined but
the server still won't accept nicknames longer than 9 characters - I'm
no coder. What can I do now? Please help!
This message and any attachments thereto are intended solely for the
addressed recipient(s) and may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
reply e-mail and delete the e-mail (including any attachments thereto)
without producing, distributing or retaining any copies thereof.
Any review, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient(s) is prohibited.
This is the missing announcement for ngIRCd 0.8.0, released June 26th
2004. Sorry for the delay!
Changes since 0.7.7 are:
- Fixed wrong buffer size calculation for results of the resolver.
ngircd 0.8.0-pre2 (2004-05-16)
- Enhanced logging to console when running in "no-detached mode":
PID and log messages of resolver sub-processes.
- Fixed host name lookups when using IDENT user lookups.
- "make clean" and "make maintainer-clean" remove more files mow.
ngIRCd 0.8.0-pre1 (2004-05-07)
- Two new configuration options: "ChrootDir" and "MotdPhrase", thanks
Benjamin Pineau <ben(a)zouh.org>. Now you can force the daemon to
its root and working directory to something "safe". MotdPhrase is
to define an "MOTD string" instead of a whole file, useful if the
"real" MOTD file would be outside the "jail".
- INVITE- and BAN-lists become synchronized between IRC+ servers when
establishing new connections, if the peer supports this as well.
- Reorganized autogen.sh and configure scripts.
- Fixed a wrong assert() which could cause the daemon to exit
when closing down connections.
- Better logging of decompression errors returned by zlib.
- Servers other than the destination server didn't clean up the invite
list of an "invite-only" channel properly when an INVITE'd user
- Changed the reply of the MODE command to match the syntax of the
original ircd exactly: the unnecessary but missing ":" before the
parameter has been added.
- Fixed TRACE: don't output "Serv" lines for ourself; display more
- Results of the resolver (hostnames and IDENT names) are discarded
the client is successfully registered with the server.
- Better logging while establishing and shutting down connections.
- The type of service (TOS) of all sockets is set to "interactive"
- Added short command line option "-t" as alternative to
- Added optional support for "IDENT" lookups on incoming connections.
have to enable this function with the ./configure switch
The default is not to do IDENT lookups.
You can download ngIRCd 0.8.0 (~ KB) from:
And the patch from 0.7.7 to 0.8.0 (~ KB) as well as GnuPG signatures
can be found here:
Alexander Barton, Freiburg, Germany