Today I released ngIRCd 21.1, a bug-fix only release for ngIRCd 21.
This release doesn't contain new features, but fixes a few "glitches" in
ngIRCd 21 that have been reported over the past few months. The NEWS file
lists the following:
• Don't ignore but use the server password when PAM is compiled in but
disabled. Thanks to Roy Sindre Norangshol <roy.sindre(a)norangshol.no>!
• doc/Platforms.txt: Update from master branch.
• doc/Services.txt: Update information for Anope 2.x.
• configure: add support for the LDFLAGS_END and LIBS_END variables to
add linker flags and libraries at the end of the configure run
(CFLAGS_END has been implemented already).
• Update Copyright notices for 2014 :-)
There are no security fixes included, nevertheless all installations
should update: ngIRCd 21.1 is fully backwards compatible and the update
should be straight forward, no configuration changes are required.
You can find the NEWS file (listing all new and changed features) and the
ChangeLog file (listing all changes in greater detail) in the distribution
archives as well as online:
And even more information can be found here:
• Homepage: <http://ngircd.barton.de/> (<http://ngircd.mirror.3rz.org>)
• Bug tracker: <http://ngircd.barton.de/bugzilla/>
• HTTP 1: <http://ngircd.barton.de/pub/ngircd/>
• HTTP 2: <http://ngircd.mirror.3rz.org/pub/ngircd/>
The BerliOS platform is shutting down, so our BerliOS mirror site will
become unavailable and all old links to BerliOS will become unreachable!
But don't worry too much, ngIRCd already gained a new mirror site, located
at <http://ngircd.mirror.3rz.org>, provided by Götz Hoffart. Thanks a lot!
And as usual, a big thanks to all users, bug reporters, contributors,
packagers, and supporters!
the executable works ("runs") as expected --+
tests run successfully ("make check") --+ |
ngIRCd compiles ("make") --+ | |
./configure works --+ | | |
| | | |
Platform Compiler ngIRCd Date Tester C M T R *
--------------------------- ------------ ---------- -------- -------- - - - - -
sparc/unknown/openbsd5.5 gcc 4.2.1 21.1 14-05-03 goetz Y Y Y Y 3
# uname -a
OpenBSD qsun.3rz.org 5.5 GENERIC#85 sparc