ngIRCd 0.7.0-pre2, hopefully the latest pre-release before 0.7.0, is
available and can be downloaded from:
As usual: please test :-))
Changes since 0.7.0-pre1:
- CVS build system fixes (made autogen.sh more portable).
- Fixed compilation and test-suite on Solaris (tested with 2.6).
- New documentation file "doc/Platforms.txt" describing the status of
ngIRCd on the various tested platforms.
- Test for broken GCC on Mac OS X and disable "-pedantic" in this case.
- Disable "-ansi" on Cygwin: system headers are incompatible.
- The server tried to connect to other servers only once when DNS or
socket failures occured.
- Fixed --configtest: There is no variable "ServerPwd", it's "Password".
Alexander Barton, Freiburg, Germany
I just prepared ngIRCd 0.7.0-pre1. If this version appoves as stable
and no more bugs are found it'll become ngIRCd 0.7.0 very soon :-)
ngIRCd 0.7.0-pre1 contains all enhancements and fixes from CVS-HEAD.
The new CVS branch has the tag "branch-0.7.x". Use "cvs up -d -P -r
branch-0-7-x" to switch an existing CVS tree from HEAD to this branch.
Changes since 0.6.1:
- New signal handler (more secure, actions are executed outside).
- GCC: the compiler is now called with more warning options enabled.
- Replaced a lot of str[n]cpy(), str[n]cat() and sprintf() calls with the
more secure functions strlcpy(), strlcat() and snprintf(). On systems
that don't support strlcpy() and strlcat(), these functions are included
in the libngportab now (with prototypes in portab.h).
- If the server can't close a socket, it panics now. This is an error that
can't occur during normal operation so there is something broken.
- The order of log messages during disconnects is more "natural" now ;-)
- Cleaned up handling of server configuration structures: modifying and
removing servers during runtime works more reliable now.
- Compression code from "conn.[ch]" is now found in new "conn-zip.[ch]"
- Moved some connection functions from "conn.[ch]" to "conn-func.[ch]".
- New command CONNECT to enable and add server links. The syntax is not
RFC-compatible: use "CONNECT <name> <port>" to enable and connect an
configured server and "CONNECT <name> <port> <host> <mypwd> <peerpwd>"
to add a new server (ngIRCd tries to connect new servers only once!).
- Added DISCONNECT command ("DISCONNECT <name>") to disable servers.
- Restructured the documentation: Now the main language is English. The
german documentation has been removed (until there is a maintainer).
- Enhanced killing of users caused by a nickname collision.
- Better error detection for status code ("numerics") forwarding.
- Moved tool functions to own library: "libngtool".
- New command TRACE (you can trace only servers at the moment).
- New command HELP that lists all understood commands.
- There should no longer remain "unknown connections" (see e.g. LUSERS)
if an outgoing server link can't be established.
- Added AC_PREREQ(2.50) to configure.in for better autoconf compatibility.
- Conn_Close() now handles recursive calls for the same link correctly.
- ngIRCd can register itself with Rendezvous: to enable support pass the
new switch "--with-rendezvous" to configure.
- Added support for TCP Wrappers library: pass "--with-tcp-wrappers" to
configure to enable it.
- Changed some configure options to use "--with"/"--without" as prefix
instead of "--enable"/"--disable": "--without-syslog", "--without-zlib",
"--with-tcp-wrappers", and "--with-rendezvous".
- Better error reporting to clients on connect.
- Enhanced manual pages ngircd(8) and ngircd.conf(5).
- Documentation is now installed in $(datadir)/doc/ngircd.
- Enhanced hanling of NJOIN in case of nick collisions.
Download (~248 KB):
Patch from 0.6.1 to 0.7.0-pre1 (~70 KB):
Read the INSTALL file for upgrading information!
Please test and report bugs to this mailing list. Thanks!
Alexander Barton, Freiburg, Germany