-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
After a quite long time, the next release of ngIRCd, version 0.10.0,
is pending. Before releasing this new version, we will publish at
least one pre-release which this mail is now announcing: ngIRCd
ngIRCd 0.10.0 can be downloaded from the following locations:
The GnuPG signature and a patch from 0.9.2 is available and can be
downloaded from here:
This pre-release is tagged as "rel-0-10-0-pre1" in CVS; the branch
for the 0.10.x releases is named "branch-0-10-x".
Changes since ngIRCd 0.9.2 are:
- Validate "ServerName" (see RFC 2812, section 2.3.1).
- Enhanced DIE to accept a single parameter ("comment text") which
to all locally connected clients before the server goes down.
- The ngIRCd handles time shifts backwards more gracefully now (the
timeout handling doesn't disconnect clients by mistake any more).
- Internal: Restructured connection handling (the connection ID is
to the file descriptor of the connection).
- Internal: Simplified resolver code.
- JOIN now supports more than one channel key at a time.
- Implemented numeric "333": Time and user name who set a channel
- Enhanced the handler for PING and PONG commands: fix forwarding
back-passing of a client supplied additional argument of PING.
- Changed handling of timeouts for unregistered connections: don't
the counter if data is received and disconnect clients earlier.
- Removed unnecessary #define of "LOCAL", now use plain C "static"
- Channel topics are no longer limited to 127 characters: now the
is the maximum length of an IRC command, i. e. 512 bytes (in
limits the topic to about 490 characters due to protocol overhead).
- Reverse DNS lookup code now checks the result by doing an
lookup to prevent spoofing.
- Added new IO layer which (optionally) supports epoll() and kqueue
addition to the select() interface.
Please test this release and let us know which problems you encounter
and which changes should be made for the final 0.10.0 release. Thanks!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (Darwin)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----