ngIRCd 16 has been released and is available from the usual locations, see below.
Since our last stable release, release 15, the most notably changes are:
- Enhace connection statistics counters: display total number of
served connections on daemon shutdown and when a new client
connects using the new numeric RPL_STATSCONN (250).
- Various fixes to the build system and code cleanups.
- Added missing modes to USERMODES #define
- Show our name (IRCD=ngIRCd) in ISUPPORT (005) numeric
- Quote received messages of ERROR commands in log output.
- ngircd.conf manual page: document missing "Password" variable.
- Implement WEBIRC command used by some Web-IRC frontends. The
password required to secure this command must be configured
using the new "WebircPassword" variable in the ngircd.conf file.
- Remove limit on max number of configured irc operators.
- Only link "nsl" library when really needed.
- A new channel mode "secure connections only" (+z) has been
implemented: Only clients using a SSL encrypted connection to
the server are allowed to join such a channel.
But please note three things: a) already joined clients are
not checked when setting this mode, b) IRC operators are always
allowed to join every channel, and c) remote clients using a
server not supporting this mode are not checked either and
therefore always allowed to join.
Please see the ChangeLog file (or even better: the GIT history) for the complete list of all the changes committed.
As usua, you can download ngIRCd release 15 from these locations:
GnuPG signatures for release 16, a Mac OS X installer package, and patches from release 15 are available, too, and can be downloaded from here:
The relevant MD5 sums are:
You can have a look at the complete history and every single patch using the GIT web-frontend located at:
Please let us know if you encounter any bugs or need more or better documentation (best is to file bugs using the bug tracker or to mail to this list). Thanks a lot for your support!