since a few days I noticed a strange behaviour. See this log from irssi:
19:03:11 * po||ux macht dann mal Feierabend.
19:03:13 <@po||ux> bye!
19:06:25 < tooltime> cu
19:06:33 < SirLani> tschö
19:10:12 -!- po||ux [~alex@…] has left #… [Heim. Biergarten. Juhu!]
19:10:17 < po||ux> 7aw
19:10:32 < SirLani> eh
19:10:34 < SirLani> hä!?
19:10:58 < SirLani> po||ux hat den Chatraum verlassen und sagt danach noch was?
19:17:42 -!- sepia [~lucia@…] has joined #…
19:17:53 < sepia> Abend!
19:18:07 < tooltime> re
19:32:08 -!- You're now known as allerbest
19:32:20 < allerbest> re
19:32:32 < allerbest> SirLani: das hat mich neulich schon gewundert
We had this a few days earlier, too—with exactly the same behaviour: po||ux leaves (timestamp 19:10:12) and a few seconds after that “he” writes “7aw” (timestamp 19:10:17) to the channel.
Last time I thought of a random hiccup or cosmic ray or dying bits in non-ECC memory. But this time two people mentioned the behaviour _and_ it was the exact same string “po||ux” sent after leaving.
# ngircd --version
I think it should be noted in the »Support« section of the website, that
any feedback is appreciated even without subscribing to the mailing
The text now doesn't state clearly that it is not necessary to subscribe
to the mailing list. This can be hurdle for some users.
We are in preparation of the next ngIRCd release, release 16, which will contain the following changes, enhancements, and new features:
- Various fixes to the build system and code cleanups.
- contrib/platformtest.sh: Only show latest commit.
- Updatet doc/Platforms.txt, added new README-Interix.txt documenting
how to tun ngIRCd on Microsoft Services for UNIX (MS SFU, MS SUA).
- Updated links to the ngIRCd homepage (bug tracker, mailing list).
- Added missing modes to USERMODES #define
- Show our name (IRCD=ngIRCd) in ISUPPORT (005) numeric
- Quote received messages of ERROR commands in log output.
- ngircd.conf manual page: document missing "Password" variable.
- Implement WEBIRC command used by some Web-IRC frontends. The
password required to secure this command must be configured using
the new "WebircPassword" variable in the ngircd.conf file.
- Don't use port 6668 as example for both "Ports" and "SSLPorts".
- Remove limit on max number of configured irc operators.
- Only link "nsl" library when really needed.
- A new channel mode "secure connections only" (+z) has been
implemented: Only clients using a SSL encrypted connection to the
server are allowed to join such a channel.
But please note three things: a) already joined clients are not
checked when setting this mode, b) IRC operators are always allowed
to join every channel, and c) remote clients using a server not
supporting this mode are not checked either and therefore always
allowed to join.
The first release candidate, version 16~rc1, is available for downloading and testing since a few days, and it would be really great if you could vive it a try and do some testing. Thanks!
As usual the download locations are:
The GnuPG signatures for 16~rc1 and patches from release 15 are available as well and can be downloaded from here:
You can have a look at the complete history and every single patch using the GIT web-frontend located at:
Please test this release candidate and report all bugs you encounter using the bug tracker and/or this mailing list. Thanks a lot for your support!